Description of the Project:
The Project is included in the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and comprised of actions aimed at establishing a palliative care centre for Hospicjum „Światło” (in English: „Light” Hospice). The investment will include building a new facility for patients of the hospice, including land development and accompanying infrastructure, located at ul. Św. Józefa 53-59 in Toruń, as well as carrying out routine maintenance and purchasing equipment for the building located at ul. Grudziądzka 64 (Weißhof or the so-called residence of mayors of Toruń), where the administrative section of the hospice is located.
The main objective of the Project: improving access to palliative care services for the residents of the region. This objective shall be achieved through the following:
– erecting a modern facility for patients of the hospice, which will provide an increased number of beds, i.e. 24;
– routine maintenance and purchases of equipment for the administrative section, thus adapting the centre to the concept of deinstitutionalisation of palliative care services, according to the health policy implemented in the country.
The results of the Project shall be the following:
– making it possible for Hospicjum ‘Światło’ to carry out medical procedures of the highest quality, according to the regulations currently in force, and fully utilise the personnel potential of the facility;
– reducing the time of waiting to be admitted at the centre and increasing the number of admitted patients, who require palliative care, by way of increasing the number of bed;
– adapting the buildings to the needs of physically disabled people, who move around in a wheelchair.
– improving the quality of palliative care services;
– improving the comfort of patients admitted to the hospice and providing dignified dying conditions;
– diversifying the scope of services offered by the facility (24/7 care, day-care, training for carers, workshops, advising, and psychological support);
– providing conditions for development for personnel at the care centre;
– increasing the reputation of the centre on the provincial level.
Total Value of the Project: PLN 11,601,055.99
Subsidized amount from the ERDF: PLN 6,597,297.53
Description of the Project:
The Project subsidized from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) is comprised of investment activities that fall into scope of redevelopment and expansion of the Ludwik Rydygier Provincial Polyclinical Hospital in Toruń, including providing the necessary equipment and medical instruments, regarding the erecting of and providing equipment for the newly designed building ‘H’ – 510, i.e. the main hospital building, with the total number of 254 beds. The following hospital units shall operate in the building:
– the Department of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery and Surgical Oncology (77 beds),
– the Ophthalmic Ward (18 beds);
– the Otolaryngology Ward (18 beds);
– the Subdepartment of Gynaecology of the Department of Obstetrics and Women Disease and Gynaecologic Oncology (26 beds);
– the Intensive Care and Anaesthesiology Ward (18 beds);
– the Neurosurgical Ward (27 beds);
– the Oncological Chemotherapy Ward (19 beds);
– the Department of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery and Musculoskeletal Oncology (39 beds);
– the Central Operating Theatre (10 operating rooms);
– the Diagnostic Imaging Department;
– the Invasive Cardiac Laboratory;
As part of the Project, medical equipment and instruments shall be provided for the following:
10 operating rooms of the Central Operating Theatre;
Providing equipment for the endoscopy room at the Department of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery and Surgical Oncology,
the Diagnostic Imaging Department.
The goal of the Project:
Improved access to healthcare services shall be achieved by means of erecting a new building, which will house 10 state-of-the-art operating rooms equipped with the highest quality medical equipment and instruments. When equipped with equipment dedicated to each individual group of patients, the rooms will also serve as all-purpose operating rooms, which will translate into reducing the time of waiting for treatment. The mentioned wards shall achieve the proper medical standard that ensures comfort and the appropriate quality of medical services for patients, by means of auxiliary units, such as the Diagnostic Imaging Department and the Invasive Cardiac Laboratory, and also state-of-the-art medical equipment and instruments.
The planned results of the Project: Reduction of the patient’s stay at the wards
– Obtaining new rooms to optimise the bed occupancy rate, which will translate into reducing the time of waiting for a vacant place at the hospital.
– Changes in the structure of hospital beds, corresponding to the number of treated patients and predictions regarding hospitalisation.
– The adopted directions of development shall improve the quality of rendered healthcare services.
– The broadening of the scope of healthcare services shall translate into increasing the hospital’s referral level.
The goal of the Project shall be fulfilled by increasing access to the services, reducing the time required to perform medical tests and obtain results, and improving the efficiency of diagnosing.
Total Value of the Project: PLN 218,444,608.54
Subsidized amount from the ERDF: PLN 166,104,837.29