The Programme for the Development and Modernisation Investments in Provincial Hospitals, in the years 2009-2016
The programme is being implemented by KPIM, within the territory of the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, in cooperation and for the benefit of the hospitals that come under the authority of the Self-Government of the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship:
– In the Ludwik Rydygier Provincial Polyclinical Hospital in Torun;
– In the Tadeusz Browicz Provincial Hospital for Infectious Diseases and Observation in Bydgoszcz;
– In the Provincial Hospital in Wloclawek;
– In the Franciszek Lukaszczyk Oncology Centre in Bydgoszcz;
– In the Jozef Bednarz Specialist Psychiatric Hospital in Swiecie;
– In the Kuyavian- Pomeranian Pulmonology Centre in Bydgoszcz;
– In the Josef Brudzinski Provincial Children’s Hospital in Bydgoszcz, and
– In the Provincial Addiction and Co-addiction Treatment Centre in Torun.
The primary and systematically implemented goal of the programme is the adapting of rooms in health care institutions (ZOZs) to European standards, thus improving the standard of rendered services and increasing accessibility to the public health care system.
The Voivodeship board has been very consistent about the implementing of the strategy of health care in the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, as it made an effort to draw up a concept that would facilitate the smooth completion of the afore-mentioned goals, already in 2008. Having analysed possible variants, the Voivodeship board decided to establish Kujawsko-Pomorskie Inwestycje Medyczne Sp. z o.o. On 26th January 2006, the Regional Parliament of the Kuyavia and Pomerania Province gave their consent for the establishing of the company, and the founding act was signed on 31st March 2009.
The concept for the company’s activity included the following:
On 3rd November 2012, the company obtained a loan of 425 million PLN from the European Investment Bank in Luxembourg, with support from the Self-Government of the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship.
The formal supervision over the implementation, as well as monitoring and reporting are the responsibility of KPIM, which wholly owned (100%) by the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship.
The programme was initially intended for the years 2009-2012, and then extended until the end of 2016, resulting from the changing of the obligatory deadline for the adapting of hospital rooms and facilities.
The estimated value of the project is approximately 1 billion PLN, 50% of which has already been expended.