Erection of a hospice facility for the purpose of palliative care for chronically and terminally ill patients in Toruń:
Description of the Project:
The Project is included in the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and comprised of actions aimed at establishing a palliative care centre for Hospicjum „Światło” (in English: ‘Light’ Hospice). The investment will include building a new facility for patients of the hospice, including land development and accompanying infrastructure, located at ul. Św. Józefa 53-59 in Toruń, as well as carrying out routine maintenance and purchasing equipment for the building located at ul. Grudziądzka 64 (Weißhof or the so-called residence of mayors of Toruń), where the administrative section of the hospice is located.
The main objective of the Project: improving access to palliative care services for the residents of the region. This objective shall be achieved through the following:
- erecting a modern facility for patients of the hospice, which will provide an increased number of beds, i.e. 24;
- routine maintenance and purchases of equipment for the administrative section, thus adapting the centre to the concept of deinstitutionalisation of palliative care services, according to the health policy implemented in the country.
The results of the Project shall be the following:
- making it possible for Hospicjum ‘Światło’ to carry out medical procedures of the highest quality, according to the regulations currently in force, and fully utilise the personnel potential of the facility;
- reducing the time of waiting to be admitted at the centre and increasing the number of admitted patients, who require palliative care, by way of increasing the number of bed;
- adapting the buildings to the needs of physically disabled people, who move around in a wheelchair.
- improving the quality of palliative care services;
- improving the comfort of patients admitted to the hospice and providing dignified dying conditions;
- diversifying the scope of services offered by the facility (24/7 care, day-care, training for carers, workshops, advising, and psychological support);
- providing conditions for development for personnel at the care centre;
- increasing the reputation of the centre on the provincial level.
Total Value of the Project: PLN 11,601,055.99
Subsidized amount from the ERDF: PLN 6,597,297.53